DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Crouch End Players
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (The GDPR).
Who are we?
The Crouch End Players is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Crouch End Players complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
Crouch End Players Members:
- We hold your name and email address for the purpose of contacting you correctly and quickly with information relating to the Crouch End Players relevant to you as a member.
- If you choose to share your bank details for the purposes of paying your subs or for the payment of expenses, we will hold your bank details and use them solely for this purpose.
Mailing List Members:
- We hold your name and email address for the purpose of contacting you with news, events, activities and services relating to the Crouch End Players’, including but not limited to information on upcoming shows, how to buy tickets for upcoming shows, photos from recent shows, and changes or issues relating to upcoming shows (e.g. cancellation).
- If you purchase tickets online for one of our shows, we will hold your name and email address for our audience list. We will use your email address to contact you with relevant information relating to you as an audience member of that show, such as but not limited to the show being cancelled or challenging weather conditions for an outdoor show. The audience list will be printed for each show and provided to the Front of House Team.
Contractors (such as lighting designers, venue operators etc.)
- We will hold the names and contact details (such as telephone number, email address and postal address) for any professionals who provide services to the Crouch End Players in the course of our operations in order to contact you in relation to those services.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 Processing:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Crouch End Players or third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject
- Processing relates to personal data manifestly made public by the data subject
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential by the Crouch End Players committee. We will only share your data with other members or third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and specifically:-
- Crouch Players Members: For the period of your membership of the Crouch End Players. Unless membership is renewed, your data will be removed from our Membership list 10 days following the Crouch End Players AGM at the end of each year of membership.
- Mailing List: For the duration of the Crouch End Players’ operations, unless requested otherwise.
- Audience Members: For a period of up to 10 days following the last performance of the production for which you purchased a ticket.
- Contractors: For the purpose of seeking your services and for a reasonable period following last contact.
If you request us to delete any data we hold on you, we will comply within 10 working days.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Crouch End Players holds about you;
- The right to request that the Crouch End Players corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Crouch End Players to retain such data;
- If you are a Member or on our Mailing list, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Crouch End Players Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crouch End Players Committee Includes:
Ellie Jones, Chair
Heather Strongman, Secretary
Mat Hearne, Treasurer
Alex Sweetnam, Membership Secretary
Sophie Boardman, Committee Member
Vic Upson, Committee Member
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.